Saturday, July 7, 2007

Happy Birthday to me

I turned 35 Friday.

35.

I am halfway to 70.

I understand that 40 is the new 30 (whatever the hell THAT means), but i can't help but feeling a bit nostalgic for my younger years.

The years when I was young and carefree and could drink and dance until two in the morning without needing to recoup for 2 days.

The years when the men that hit on me in bars weren't hiding their wedding rings behind their male patterned baldness.

The years when I could play 3 hours of a sport and not want to die the next day.

The years when clerks didn't call me "ma'am".

I have decided however that THIS will be my year. I am getting married to the man i love, soon i hope to be starting a new and fabulous career and I will get back on that acting horse.

If only i could do it without aching.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

No comments: